The SuperStudy™ Grocery contains the most comprehensive information available on total store performance in the supermarket industry today. The data is refreshed every year and provides visibility into the performance of every category, sub-category, and brand in the supermarket channel. Data sources for the SuperStudy™ are intentionally varied to maintain data integrity; however, previous participants include Ahold, Kroger, Safeway, and Supervalu.
The SuperStudy™, which is delivered via annual subscription, features more than 230,000 SKUs, 80 financial measures, and profitability data across 270 categories.
Subscribers use the system to analyze their business from a total store perspective, and to extract key financial data that is used in category management initiatives. The SuperStudy™ Grocery provides insights into how specific segments are performing at retail and provides critical financial insights that are not available from traditional syndicated data providers. Applications and features enable subscribers to:
- See adjusted gross margin and other profitability data
- Benchmark products against the category
- Analyze the performance of emerging categories and segments
- Evaluate company contribution to retailer profitability
- Examine trade spending, cash flow, and ROII across the entire store
- Provide rationale for increased shelf space